Dieses Projekt ist archiviert und leider nicht (mehr) aktiv.
Sie finden vakante Projekte hier in unserer Projektbörse
Our client is currently looking for Applications Software Engineer (m/f) in Darmstadt (Germany).
- Significant work experience in a operational environment characterised by high availability requirements
- Working in a software maintenance and development team in the framework of software projects resulting in deliveries to customers
- At least 5 years of proven life cycle based software development using C++ and Java
- Software development on Windows and Unix platforms
- Software development using the Microsoft Visual C++ IDE
- Software development using SQL and relational database management systems
- Software development using Version Control Systems, SVN or CVS
- Understanding of operational concepts and experience with configuration management and change control
- Understanding of the verification and validation process and experience of supporting testing campaigns
- Experience with upgrading and migrating operating system and software applications
- For the purpose of documentation, a good knowledge of the MS Windows Office Suite of applications
As a member of the MSG applications support team, the Consultant shall support software development of applications on the Central Facility, primarily a distributed client server configuration supporting software configurations for the spacecraft and ground segment monitoring and control system.
Duties shall range from software development in a mixed Windows and Unix environment, from fixing problems and engineering changes, technical support to the continuous operation of the system, including analysis, investigation and resolution with creation of appropriate documentation.
Main duties include:
This document constitutes the Statement of Work (SOW) for consultancy support for an applications software engineer working on the maintenance and development of spacecraft monitoring and control systems, required as part of the Routine Operations phases of the Meteosat Second Generation Programme (MSG).
More specifically, the Central Facility deals with the monitoring and control of the MSG series of geostationary satellites (TM/TC processing), as well as with the monitoring and control of the ground segment, including remote communication stations with the satellites.
The MSG Central Facility consists of an operational baseline of client/server software applications deployed on Microsoft Windows configurations running on Hewlett Packard servers and workstations. Servers comprise DL and computers running the Microsoft Windows Server operating system. Clients comprise Hewlett Packard XWworkstations running the Microsoft Windows XP operating system. SCOS control systems are currently based on the Linux operating system and similar hardware.
The Central Facility implements high availability, , mission critical operational requirements, fostering a requirement for an understanding of the concepts relating to availability, redundancy and operational awareness.
The Consultant shall work in the Operations Department - Maintenance and Engineering Division, reporting to the team leader responsible.
Languages: must have: English and German, nice to have: French
Contact: Michael Lenz
If this is of interest to you, please send us your CV (Word format, max. KB and incl. all necessary contact details [name, address, telephone numbers, Email]) referring to the project name and relevant contact person. Please refrain from sending several attachments or other formats. We would appreciate any info concerning your availability and rate expectations. We look forward to receiving your application.