Deutschland: Java and C++ Software Engineer, Projekte und Ausschreibungen
|Dauer:||3 years +|
(Noch keine Bewertungen vorhanden. Jetzt anmelden zum Bewerten)
Sie finden vakante Projekte hier in unserer Projektbörse.
This position, based near Frankfurt in Germany, calls for Java and C++ experience in the context of high availability near Real Time applications.
Our client is responsible for establishing and operating weather forecasting and Earth observation satellite programmes with associated data telemetry and dissemination operations. Vast quantities of data are produced and user communities throughout the world are able to access both current and historical data sets. The demanding Real Time environment places much emphasis on adherence to quality and configuration management standards and procedures.
The role embraces the development, maintenance and configuration of dissemination and related user management software, with a focus on the dissemination services provided via the Internet. Duties range from gathering software requirements, designing, implementing and configuring the developed dissemination software and related commercial of-the-shelf software (COTS) throughout the software life cycle and supporting the evolution of systems to accommodate future missions. Furthermore, a strong focus is put on supporting testing activities, interfacing with technical customers, generating documentation and providing training to operations controllers.
The key experience and attributes sought are:-
- 24/7 operations and the maintenance of medium to large scale software systems
- Provision of highly-available, near Real Time data services and data transfer technologies
- Java, C++ and UNIX Scripting languages
- XML, XML Schema and XSLT technologies
- Development of Java based graphical interfaces
- Database application programming using JDBC
- Application level expertise in Oracle and MySQL
- Knowledge of the development and maintenance of web interfaces and services using Tomcat and Apache Web Server under UNIX
- SSO (OpenSSO), WS-Security, WS-Trust
- Web Services (Apache CXF, Axis2)
- Apache Tomcat
- Knowledge/experience of some of the following would be advantageous:-
- Application-level load balancing techniques
- Technical documentation.
- Graphical visualisation and preparation of animations of satellite imagery or meteorological products in WMO formats such as GRIB and BUFR
- Source Code control systems, ideally SubVersion
- Configuration management
- Formalised software testing, ideally using JUnit
- Tool-based Software design
Candidates should possess a University degree or equivalent. Fluency in English is essential. This is a freelance contract assignment with an initial period of 3 years starting in January 2013 with two options to extend for further periods of one year each.
Pactum have supplied professional recruitment services to clients throughout the UK and across continental Europe since 1988. We operate as a group of practices focussed onto specific markets and have been successfully recruiting for the Space sector since 2002.