Deutschland: Software Release Engineer, Projekte und Ausschreibungen
|Dauer:||2 years +1 +1 year|
(Noch keine Bewertungen vorhanden. Jetzt anmelden zum Bewerten)
Sie finden vakante Projekte hier in unserer Projektbörse.
This position, based near Frankfurt in Germany, calls for 5 years experience of configuration controlled software build environments and experience in software packaging, installation and release.
Our client is responsible for establishing and operating weather forecasting and Earth observation satellite programmes with associated data telemetry and dissemination operations. Vast quantities of data are produced and user communities throughout the world are able to access both current and historical data sets. The demanding Real Time environment places much emphasis on adherence to quality and configuration management standards and procedures.
The role will embrace:-
- Development and maintenance of as-built software build environments
- Building and distribution of software releases and patches
- Supporting the delivery of software externally developed and its installation, configuration and testing
- Investigation into anomalies and delivery of software corrections
- Participation in technical meetings and reviews
- Analysis of maintenance requirements and identification, procurement or implementation of the tools to fulfil them and documenting maintenance procedures
The key experience and attributes sought are:-
- 5 years experience of configuration controlled software build environments and experience of software packaging, installation and configuration for large, Real Time systems
- Experience of Unix/Linux environments and networking, distributed applications, and TCP/IP services
- Software build environments and tools (eg make, imake)
- Source code control systems, preferably CVS, SubVersion or Rational ClearCase
- Change management
- C/C++ programming
- Basic UNIX/Linux system administration
Knowledge of some of the following would be advantageous:-
- Database programming (Sybase, DB2, Oracle)
- Formalised software testing
- MS-Access, Visual Basic programming
- Serena Dimensions
Candidates should possess a University degree or equivalent. Fluency in English is essential. This is a freelance contract assignment with an initial period of 2 years starting as soon as is feasible with two options to extend for further periods of one year each.
Pactum have supplied professional recruitment services to clients throughout the UK and across continental Europe since 1988. We operate as a group of practices focussed onto specific markets and have been successfully recruiting for the Space sector since 2002.